From 2007 to 2021, we have advocated for women musicians, globally, with the following activity:
- Recruited 377 members – musicians and supporters.
- Published two issues of Musicwoman Magazine online and in print.
- Published one issue of Musicman Magazine online and in print.
- Published a monthly newsletter promoting music, videos, and performances of women musicians.
- Released six compilation CDs of 63 songs by 45 women composers.
- Distributed three catalogs of advertisement from women in the arts and business.
- Presented Amazing Musicwomen to thousands of youth, adults, and seniors.
- Promoted women musicians through concerts, workshops, and social media.
- Won several awards for our work to promote and advocate for women musicians.
- Aligned with organizations of women musicians: Fondazione Adkins-Chiti: Donne in Musica, Women in Music, Inc., ASALH, NLAPW, Alabama Women in Jazz, and Instrumental Women.
- Featured over 300 women composers on MUSICWOMAN Radio.
- Maintained a Jazzwomen Directory since 1997.
2014 Symposium on Women in the Arts (CANCELED)
Although over 700 people signed up for this symposium online, when it came time to register for the event, which was to take place in Washington, DC, not enough people committed to attend. Therefore, it was canceled. However, the concept is an important on – to bring women in the arts together to discuss increased funding for Women’s Artistic production.
WATCH THE VIDEO
* * * * *
In 2012, there was an OFFICIAL CALL to women composers and instrumentalists in all genres – Classical, Country/Western, Folk, Native America, African, Blues, Jazz, Hip Hop, Latin, Caribbean, Klezmer, etc. – for the first MUSICWOMEN CONFERENCE on October 9-13, 2013, in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, U.S.A. but it has been postponed. It was to be presented by: